Change the following into indirect speech.
1. The girl said, ‘It gives me great pleasure to be here this evening.’
2. The man said, ‘I must go as soon as possible.’
3. She said, ‘I don’t want to see any of you; go away.’
4. The teacher says, ‘If you work hard, you will pass.’
5. He said, ‘I have won.’
6. He said, ‘Let’s wait for her return.’
7. Alice said, ‘How clever I am!’
8. ‘Which way did she go?’ asked the young man.
9. He said to me, ‘Where are you going?’
10. ‘Please wait here till I return,’ she told him.
1. The girl said that it gave her great pleasure to be there that evening.
2. The man said that he must go as soon as possible.
3. She said that she did not want to see any of them and asked them to go away.
4. The teacher says that if you work hard you will pass.
5. He said that he had won.
6. He proposed that they should wait for her return.
7. Alice exclaimed how clever she was.
8. The young man asked which way she had gone.
9. He asked me where I was going.
10. She requested them to wait there till she returned.