Rewrite the following sentences as directed.
1. The tea was so hot that I could not drink it. (Change into a simple sentence)
2. He is too arrogant to listen to advice. (Change into a complex sentence)
3. He worked hard that he might pass the examination. (Change into a simple sentence)
4. He is too stupid to handle such a difficult situation. (Remove too)
5. John is the tallest boy in the class. (Use the comparative form of the adjective)
6. I could not do it even if I tried. (Change into a simple sentence)
7. No sooner did I hear the gunshot than I rushed to the spot. (Rewrite using as soon as.)
8. Hardly had I solved one problem when another cropped up. (Rewrite using no sooner …than)
9. Only trained graduates need to apply. (Use none instead of only)
10. Work hard or you will fail. (Change into a complex sentence)
1. The tea was too hot for me to drink.
2. He is so arrogant that he will not listen to advice.
3. He worked hard to pass the examination.
4. He is so stupid that he cannot handle such a situation.
5. John is taller than any other boy in the class.
6. Despite trying, I could not do it.
7. As soon as I heard the gunshot I rushed to the spot.
8. No sooner had I solved one problem than another cropped up.
9. None but trained graduates need to apply.
10. If you do not work hard, you will fail.