Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verb.
1. I waited for my friend until he ————
b) had come
d) will come.
2. He ran as quickly as he ————–
3. He went where he ————- find work.
4. As he was not there, I ————- to his brother.
c) was speaking
d) will not speak
5. He finished first though he ————- late.
a) would start
6. Just as he ———— the room the clock struck seven.
c) will enter
7. Answer the first question before you ————- any further.
c) will proceed
d) would proceed
8. I forgive you since you ————-
c) will repent
d) would repent
9. He ———— because he was in a hurry.
d) had run
10. He stayed at home because he ———— feeling ill.