Words in English belong to different parts of speech. In each of the following sentences, there is a bolded word. Can you identify what part of speech it is?
1. I want to go now.
2. What are you doing there?
3. He left ten minutes ago.
4. There is a mistake in line 9.
5. Masons build houses.
6. Though she was unwell, she went to work.
7. I have been reading since morning.
8. He died two years ago.
9. As she was late, we went without her.
10. The Nile is the longest river in the world.
b) Proper noun
11. What happened to you?
12. My family live in different parts of India.
10. Proper noun
12. Adjective (It modifies the noun parts.)