Sentences expressing request, advice, suggestion, prohibition etc., are called imperative sentences. When we change these sentences into the passive, we use reporting verbs like request, advice, suggest, prohibit, order etc.
Change the following active sentences into passive.
1. Please lend me ten pounds.
2. Kindly do this work.
3. Fetch me a glass of water.
4. Work hard to pass your examination.
5. Do not write on the wall.
6. Do it at once.
7. Let us go for a walk.
8. Let me do it.
9. You ought to respect your elders.
10. You should learn your lesson.
1. You are requested to lend me ten pounds.
2. You are requested to do this work.
3. You are ordered / requested to fetch me a glass of water.
4. You are advised to work hard to pass your examination.
5. You are forbidden to write on the wall.
6. Let it be done at once.
7. It is suggested that we should go for a walk.
8. Let it be done by me.
9. Your elders ought to be respected by you.
10. Your lesson should be learnt by you.