Each sentence given below may contain one or more mistakes. Rewrite the sentences correcting the mistakes.
1. Doctor suggested patient to take vacation.
2. Learning the French isn’t easy.
3. I need good sleep.
4. We had great time on the top of mountain.
5. I am going to hospital to see a friend who has undergone the operation.
6. More you read less you understand.
7. On a way home, I saw old beggar accompanied by child.
8. Will you please lend me copy of ‘Old Man and Sea’?
9. A man who knocked at a door was stranger.
10. What is difference between these cars?
11. Give me an another pen.
12. Honest man is noblest work of the God.
1. The doctor suggested that the patient should take a vacation. (Suggest cannot be followed by a to-infinitive. Instead, we use a that-clause or an –ing form.)
2. Learning French isn’t easy.
3. I need a good sleep.
4. We had a great time on the top of the mountain.
5. I am going to the hospital to see a friend who has undergone an operation.
6. The more you read the less you understand.
7. On the way home, I saw an old beggar accompanied by a child.
8. Will you please lend me a copy of ‘The Old Man and the Sea’?
9. The man who knocked at the door was a stranger.
10. What is the difference between these cars?
11. Give me another pen. OR Give me a pen.
12. An honest man is the noblest work of God.