Make sentences in the past continuous tense using the verb given in the brackets.
We make past continuous tense forms by putting was or were before the -ing form of the verb. Was is used with singular subjects. Were is used with plural subjects.
1. The boy ————————— (sleep).
2. I ———————– (read) when the lights went out.
3. She ———————– (wash) the clothes.
4. I ————————- (cook) dinner when the visitors arrived.
5. Julia ————————- (do) her homework at 8 pm.
6. James ————————– (repair) the car.
7. Janet ————————- (rehearse) for the play.
8. Sophia ————————– (wait) for the bus.
9. The birds ————————– (chirp).
10. The boys ———————— (learn) their lesson.
11. She ———————— (get) dressed.
12. He ————————– (search) for his purse.
13. The cat ————————- (chase) the mouse.
14. It ————————- (rain).
15. The wind —————————– (blow) fiercely.
16. The dogs —————————– (bark).
1. The boy was sleeping.
2. I was reading when the lights went out.
3. She was washing the clothes.
4. I was cooking dinner when the visitors arrived.
5. Julia was doing her homework at 8 pm.
6. James was repairing the car.
7. Janet was rehearsing for the play.
8. Sophia was waiting for the bus.
9. The birds were chirping.
10. The boys were learning their lesson.
11. She was getting dressed.
12. He was searching for his purse.
13. The cat was chasing the mouse.
14. It was raining.
15. The wind was blowing fiercely.
16. The dogs were barking.