Change into indirect speech
1. John said, ‘I am trying to find a new job.’
2. He said, ‘I wrote a letter.’
3. The girl said, ‘I want something to eat.’
4. The teacher said, ‘Stop writing.’
5. The man said, ‘I have nowhere to go.’
6. The girl said, ‘I have been practicing the violin for six months.’
7. Mother said, ‘I have laid the table.’
8. He said, ‘Who are you?’
9. He said, ‘Are you happy here?’
10. The father said to his son, ‘Go and pay your fee at once.’
11. He said, ‘Let’s go for a drive.’
1. John said that he was trying to find a new job.
2. He said that he had written a letter.
3. The girl said that she wanted something to eat.
4. The teacher asked them to stop writing.
5. The man said that he had nowhere to go. / The man lamented that he had nowhere to go.
6. The girl said that she had been practicing the violin for six months.
7. Mother said that she had laid the table.
8. He asked who I was.
9. He enquired if I was happy there?’
10. The father told his son to go and pay his fee at once.
11. He suggested going for a drive. / He suggested that we should go for a drive.