Rewrite as directed.
1. Scarcely had she read the telegram when she fainted. (Rewrite using as soon as)
2. My children are all employed, so I have no financial difficulties. (Rewrite using now that)
3. The house is so spacious that it can accommodate them all. (Rewrite using enough)
4. Germs are too small to be seen with the naked eye. (Rewrite using so…that)
5. No sooner did the hunter raise his gun than the birds flew away. (Rewrite using as soon as)
6. He is so strong that he cannot be defeated. (Rewrite using too…to)
7. You must take your medicine. Otherwise, you will not get well. (Rewrite using ‘in order to’.)
8. Both Peter and Mary were shocked by the news. (Rewrite using as well as)
1. As soon as she read the telegram she fainted.
2. Now that my children are all employed, I have no financial difficulties.
3. The house is spacious enough to accommodate them all.
4. Germs are so small that they cannot be seen with the naked eye.
5. As soon as the hunter raised his gun the birds flew away.
6. He is too strong to be defeated.
7. You must take your medicine in order to get well.
8. Peter, as well as Mary, was shocked by the news.