Combine the following sentences using the word given in the brackets.
1. He worked very hard. Yet he failed. (Despite / In spite of)
2. You are honest. I will trust you. (Since)
3. The thief saw the policeman. He ran away. (As soon as)
4. He is strong. He can carry this box. (Enough)
5. Iron is found in India. Coal is also found in India. (As well as)
6. He is very ill. The doctors do not expect him to recover. (So…that)
7. The boy complained to the teacher. His watch had been stolen. (Whose)
8. He stood on tip-toe. He reached for the apple. (Standing)
9. This is the hotel. Our meetings used to take place here. (Where)
10. Sudha is very intelligent. She cannot be defeated. (Too)
1. Despite working very hard, he failed. / In spite of working very hard, he failed.
2. Since you are honest, I will trust you.
3. As soon as the thief saw the policeman, he ran away.
4. He is strong enough to carry this box.
5. Iron as well as coal is found in India.
6. He is so ill that the doctors do not expect him to recover.
7. The boy whose watch had been stolen complained to the teacher.
8. Standing on tip-toe, he reached for the apple.
9. This is the hotel where our meetings used to take place.
10. Sudha is too intelligent to be defeated.