Fill in the blanks with an approximate word or phrase.
There is no question
1. Having caught the thief, they handed him over to the police.
2. Hearing a noise, the thief ran away.
3. He is too fat to walk fast.
4. She was so tired that she could not stand up.
5. Although she left home at 4, she hasn’t arrived yet.
6. Though the tortoise was slow, he beat the hare in the race.
7. Unless you reach there before 3 pm, you will not be able to meet him. / If you do not reach there before 3 pm, you will not be able to meet him.
8. However hard you may work, you cannot please him.
9. In spite of his illness, he attends office regularly.
10. The apples that I bought yesterday were good.