Each sentence given below contains an idiom/phrase. From the given alternatives, choose the one that best expresses the meaning of this idiom/phrase.
1. He has the gift of the gab.
2. Parental property has become a bone of contention between the siblings.
3. Once in a blue moon, we meet each other.
4. He has been jobless for several months, and it is his wife who keeps the pot boiling.
5. In the end he had to eat the humble pie.
6. To be a good orator, you don’t have to play to the galleries.
7. The officer took him to task.
1. c) He is a good conversationalist.
2. b) something that causes a quarrel
3. c) very seldom indeed
4. a) avoids starvation
5. a) apologize humbly
6. d) to appeal to the lower taste
7. a) rebuked him