Sentences are given in the active voice. Change them into the passive voice. An example is given below.
Active: Brutus stabbed Caesar.
Passive: Caesar was stabbed by Brutus.
1. The people made him their king.
2. Who teaches you grammar?
3. The king gave him a reward.
4. One should keep one’s promises.
5. Open the door.
6. The police were taking the militants to prison.
7. His behavior vexes me.
8. It is time to shut the shop.
9. The audience cheered the Mayor’s speech.
10. Someone has picked my pocket.
11. Our army has defeated the enemy.
12. Circumstances will oblige me to go.
1. He was made king by the people.
2. By whom are you taught grammar?
3. He was given a reward by the king.
4. One’s promises should be kept.
5. Let the door be opened.
6. The militants were being taken to prison.
7. I am vexed by his behavior.
8. It is time for the shop to be shut.
9. The Mayor’s speech was cheered.
10. My pocket has been picked (by someone).
11. The enemy has been defeated by our army.
12. I shall be obliged to go (by circumstances).