Complete the following sentences using an appropriate verb form.
1. The patient ————— yesterday.
d) had died
2. I —————– the parcel yesterday.
a) had received
c) would receive
3. The sun ——————- when we started our journey.
b) was shining
d) would shine
4. I saw him ——————- the boy.
d) had beaten
5. Yesterday I ————— a new laptop as my old one ————- quite slow.
a) buy, has become
b) bought, had become
c) bought, is become
d) bought, have become
6. He thanked me for what I —————
b) had done
c) would do
7. I ——————– on this project for two years.
a) had worked
b) am working
d) have been working
8. They —————- an apartment in Bangalore three years ago.
a) had bought
d) would buy
9. I usually —————– coffee in the morning.
b) am drinking
c) will drink
d) would drink
10. Ever since I ————– my country in 2007, I ————— living in Canada.
a) left, have been
b) leave, was
c) leaving, have been
d) left, have been
1. The patient died yesterday.
2. I received the parcel yesterday.
3. The sun was shining when we started our journey.
4. I saw him beat / beating the boy.
5. Yesterday I bought a new laptop as my old one had become quite slow.
6. He thanked me for what I had done.
7. I have been working on this project for two years.
8. They bought an apartment in Bangalore three years ago.
9. I usually drink coffee in the morning.
10. Ever since I left my country in 2007, I have been living in Canada.